“Innovative software solutions within the life sciences industry”
ASAP from IonSense
Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP®) mass spectrometry allows direct analysis of samples using an atmospheric pressure ionization (API) source found on Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS) instruments.
The ASAP® probe permits fast analysis of solid, liquid, tissue, or material (e.g. polymer) samples. ASAP® is a low cost alternative ionization method that is especially useful on commercial high end API mass spectrometers which have the capability of accurate mass and mass-selected fragmentation, such as a Bruker Qh-FTMS™, Jeol AccuTOF™, Thermo Ortitrap™, or Waters Synapt HDMS™.
- Low cost <$10K
- Does not interfere with normal source operations on most instruments
- Fast direct analysis
- Compatible with ESI/APCI operations (No source change required)
- Enclosed ion source for safety (vapors are contained inside the source)
- No sample prep required, and solids as well as liquids can be analyzed
- Low picogram sensitivity
- Ideal for high resolution instruments
- Good substitute for EI/CI solids probe analysis
- Analyze LC fractions in seconds