SpectralWorks is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Ways that we collect information
Some areas of the site require you to actively submit information in order for you to benefit from specific features. You will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional.
Some of this information may be personal (information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, company name, address, email address, phone number etc.). We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us.
When registering an interest in one of our products, we record the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you made the request from and although we cannot accurately trace your location we are able to determine your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the city where the request was made.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet.
We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and to administer and improve the site.
Use of your information
We may use your personal information to:
- Contact you by email, post or telephone to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) which may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to. Where possible we will provide an option for you to opt out of further communications.
- Ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Improve the website and to monitor website usage.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law. We will not sell or otherwise share your personal information with third parties without your consent except in the following instances:
- Where you have agreed to be contacted by us, we may pass your personal information to third parties who provide various products and services on our behalf.
- Unless required by applicable law or if we are ordered to do so by a court or other similar body;
- As we may think necessary to protect our legal rights, a registered user or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
- Where we are approached by a potential buyer of our business and/or assets or in relation to any joint venture or other business arrangement. In such circumstances we will be able to pass on your personal information to such third party's advisors and to any prospective buyer, as well as to any other relevant parties.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com.
How do I change my personal details?
We want to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your email address changes. You can do this by accessing your account pages on the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Passing on your data
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
We use log files generated by our web servers to analyze site usage and statistics but the files do not identify any personal information. Log file analysis helps us to understand usage patterns on our website and to make improvements to our service.
Links to other websites
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com.